The online student roster is the list of all students currently enrolled in the district, and their assigned teachers and classrooms. Master Account Administrators and District Managers can upload a roster.
The uploaded roster MUST be a correctly formatted comma-separated value (.csv) file. District names and School names MUST be an exact match to their listing in FastBridge™.
All columns and headers MUST remain intact and in the specified order.
For information on formatting the roster, see Roster Formatting. Attached is a Sample Roster File with data similar to what your file should have.
If you already have students on your roster, you can download a copy of the existing roster, make adds or changes to that file, and re-upload it. To download a copy of the existing roster, see Downloading a Copy of the Existing Roster.
Prior to uploading:
Student birth dates MUST be formatted as YYYY-MM-DD. If you opened the .csv file in Excel and your dates converted to MM/DD/YYYY, you MUST re-format them to YYYY-MM-DD before you save the roster.
To reformat the dates, follow these steps
- Highlight StudentBirthDate column (Column P)
- Right Click and select "Format Cells"
- Select "Date"
- Select "2012-03-14" (YYYY-MM-DD)
- Click "OK”
Once you have followed the steps listed above, your StudentBirthDate column should be formatted like the one shown below.
Uploading the Roster
To upload a roster, go to the District Manager tab, and select Upload Student Roster from under Student Info.
There are three types of Roster Processing Modes available:
- Full Upload - This type of upload will replace all of the roster information currently in FastBridge™ with the information in the uploaded file, for any school(s) included in the uploaded file. The system will essentially mirror the student information from the file. Students that are in your system already and are NOT listed in this file will be removed. Use this mode any time you want to load or replace the entire roster.
- This is the mode used when rostering via Automated Batch Import.
- Incremental Upload - This type of upload adds the listed students to the existing roster. Only include students in your file for Incremental that need to be added to the online roster.
- Delete Enrollments - Use this mode to remove a list of students from the existing roster.
To upload your roster
- Click Choose File to navigate to the file you want to upload,
- Choose your Roster Processing Mode,
- Click Upload to Validate. Your uploaded file will appear at the top of the list of uploaded files.
- Click Validate to check for errors in the file.
Clicking Validate checks the file for errors. If the file has no errors or changes, you will see (1) a green checkmark. If the file has errors or changes, you will see (2) "Validation Result". Click on "Validation Result" to open a text file listing the potential issues.
Important: You need to review your Validation Results. It may contain errors or changes. Rows with errors will be omitted from your roster upload. Rows with changes may have unintentional consequences. For more information on Validation Results, see Troubleshooting Roster Upload Issues.
If you make any changes to your file, you will need to re-upload and re-validate it. When you are satisfied with the Validation Result or have received a green checkmark, click Add to Upload Queue to upload the file. This notifies FastBridge staff that your file is ready to be processed. Based on traffic, this may take up to 24 hours. Once your file has been processed, a green checkmark or link to an Upload Result in the Update Status column will appear. It's a good idea to review your Upload Results also, in case you missed something in the validation.
Note: We can only process your most recent upload. Do not upload additional files until a green check mark appears or you see "Upload Result" in the Upload Status column for that upload. If the Upload Status column for a particular entry is blank, that file was not, and can no longer be, processed.
There are two additional functions available for each roster upload. Clicking the icon allows you to download the source file for that load. This is handy for troubleshooting, or if you want to revert back to an earlier version of your roster. The icon allows you to delete the entry from the list of uploads. This is handy, if you made multiple upload attempts and want to only keep the final version, or if you want to remove old entries.