Classroom Users (Teachers) can only see their own students. If they have been given grade-wide access, they have the option of seeing the whole grade on reports and progress monitoring; but they can still only access their own students.
Specialists can see, and have access to, all students in whichever school(s) they have been assigned.
Teachers may need to access other students, but not the entire school or grade. In this case, you will want to link the students that need to be seen by more than one teacher to both (or more) teachers. This strategy allows you to give any/all teachers access to the students they need to see, but restricts them from seeing the entire school.
There are two ways to link a student to more than one teacher.
Manually Linking a Student to More Than One Teacher
This method will work only if you do not have an Automatic Roster Upload (SIS Sync) or Single Sign On enabled in FastBridge.
- Go to the Student Info menu.
- Select View Student Roster.
- To assign a student to more than one teacher, find the student in the existing roster and highlight the entry.
- Select Duplicate.
- Change the Teacher User Id.
- Click Create from existing.
The Teacher User ID is the teacher's login username (usually their email address), not the Teacher ID. As you start typing the username, a drop down box will appear with available options. Select the appropriate teacher. The teacher account must exist in FastBridge prior to creating the new entry. For information on adding a Classroom User (Teacher) account, see Adding a New Teacher to FastBridge.
FastBridge recognizes that the student is already in the system. Click OK.
After creating the duplicate entry, the student will show up in the classrooms of both teachers. If either teacher administers an assessment or puts the student in a progress monitoring group, both teachers will see the changes. The student will have an entry in the roster for both teachers.
Using a Roster Upload to Link a Student to More Than One Teacher
Manually editing the roster is fine when you are just duplicating a few students, but if you are trying to duplicate entire classrooms, using the roster upload is a faster, better option.
- First, download a copy of your current roster, and open it in Excel. (If you need help navigating to the existing roster, see Downloading a Copy of the Existing Roster.)
- Sort the Excel document so that the students you are trying to duplicate are grouped together. For example: You may want to sort by teacher, or by grade and teacher if the teacher has multiple grades.)
- Highlight the desired rows, then copy and paste them back into the same document. Change the teacher information (TeacherID, TeacherFirstName, TeacherLastName, TeacherEmail) on the duplicated lines to the new teacher. The Excel document will now have a row for each student/teacher combination.
- Save and re-upload your roster. (If you need help re-uploading the roster, see Uploading a Roster.)