First Things to Check
- Are you having the same problem with other websites?
- Are you having the same problem on different/multiple computers?
- Are you having the same problem with a different browser?
- If yes, there may be a problem with your local network or computer. Check with your IT Dept.
- Not being able to ping us is not an indicator that we are having problems. Our sites are not set up to respond to pings.
If you are having problems logging on or staying connected, check our homepage (www.fastbridge.org) for the green, yellow or red banner. A red banner indicates we are down, and a yellow banner indicates heavy traffic. Green is good. System problems may appear as:
- Getting a white screen
- Getting kicked out of FastBridge
- Slow or sluggish performance
- Trouble loading reports
- Trouble loading sounds or images
- If the FastBridge banner is yellow or red, the problem is on our end. You will have to wait until we correct it. We will try to send out information to keep you updated on our progress.
- If the FastBridge banner is green, and you are still having problems, there may be Internet issues affecting your general location. We have no control over this. Your IT Department can help you determine if this is the case.
- If neither FastBridge nor the Internet in general, appear to be having problems, continue...
There is a link on our login page called “RUN COMPATIBILITY CHECK”. Clicking this link tests and provides information about the system you are using. Failing any of the subtests indicates your system does not meet the minimum requirements to use FastBridge. If your system passes all subtests, and you are still having problems, please submit a screenshot of the results of your compatibility check to firstname.lastname@example.org. This will help us research and identify the issue(s) you are having.
- Please note that we do not recommend using the FireFox browser as it has display issues with some assessments.
To check your available bandwidth, click on the “RUN COMPATIBILITY CHECK” link on the login page of our website from the computer that is having the problem, as close as possible to the time it is having the problem. This will give you an analysis of the system and point out any issues you may be having. If possible, try to get a screenshot of the results page to submit to email@example.com with your support request.
- If any of the listed parameters fail, please contact your district or school’s IT department.
- Bandwidth is affected by any/all traffic on your network. Confirm bandwidth during test times.
- Environmental factors may affect network performance, particularly for wifi.
- Insufficient bandwidth will degrade page response time and result in problems during testing.
- No or intermittent sound (in general)
- Make sure your network has sufficient bandwidth.
- Make sure https://d2f8p5dd32sgdr.cloudfront.net is whitelisted.
- Turn off any pop-up blockers for the domain fastbridge.org.
- (for training modules only) Turn off ad blockers for the domain youtube.com.
- Enable Flash in your browser.
- If the problem only applies to one question, notify FastBridge School Support.
- For most assessments, the audio begins automatically. iPad users need to click the headphone icon to get the audio to play.
Automated Batch Imports (ABI)
- Your automated roster upload is no longer being processed.
- Has the public IP address of your outbound server changed? If yes, update the IP address on the ABI Setup page in FastBridge.
- Has your roster exceeded the allowable percentage of errors to allow processing? If yes, correct the errors in your roster submission, or increase the percentage of errors allowed, on the ABI Setup page in FastBridge.
- Make sure you are submitting your roster to roster-sftp.fastbridge.org. Do not submit to an IP address, as the IP address may change.
- Overlapping text, text, or graphics outside of the screen (in general)
- Try reloading the page.
- Maximize your browser window, or try a different browser.
- Adjust your screen resolution to 1200 x 800 or higher (for desktops and laptops)
- Make sure your zoom is set to 100%. You may need to use Cntrl + plus sign, or Cntrl + minus sign, to adjust the zoom.
- Unplug any smart boards or peripheral devices. These may affect your display.
- If screen resolution and size can’t be adjusted, you need to use a different device.
- If the problem only applies to a specific question, notify FastBridge School Support.
- The report doesn’t fit on the page.
- Switch to landscape mode.