To use FastBridge for progress monitoring only, teachers and specialists will need to know what assessment they will be progress monitoring for. The teacher or specialist will need the screener score of each student to determine who will be progress monitored. For more information on what assessments are used for progress monitoring, see the Available Progress Monitor Assessments and Measures.
Progress Monitoring Options
There are two routes that teachers and specialists can take to progress monitor students:
Have the student complete the screener for the FastBridge assessment that will be used. (Recommended)
- The student completes the screener for the assessment they will be progress monitored in.
- The teacher creates a progress monitor schedule for students based on their screening scores.
- When the plan is being set up, the screening score will automatically populate as the start score for the goal line.*
- The teacher would follow the necessary steps for setting up a progress monitoring schedule. For more information on how to set up a progress monitoring schedule, see Creating and Editing Progress Monitoring Schedule.
*The progress monitoring plan will need to have a start date after the screening score has been collected.
Use the first administered probe’s score as the Start Score. This ability is only available if the student has a progress monitoring plan and there is no screening score.
- Once the teacher determines the assessment the student(s) will be progress monitored in, the teacher or specialist will create a schedule and the start score for the goal line will be zero (they would not have a screening score).
- The student would take and complete the first form for their progress monitoring plan.
- The teacher or specialist will then use that first probe score to Set the Start Score for the student.