We are excited to announce a number of new features and enhancements to FastBridge. This release is focused on adding new valuable resources and improving the quality and usability of FastBridge across several key areas.
- Introducing FASTtrack Math
- New Math Intervention Content
- New FASTflix Training Modules
- Updated Norms for CBMmath Automaticity
Introducing FASTtrack Math – The recommended path to student results
FASTtrack provides a simple solution for quickly screening students across multiple skill areas, and providing resources for teachers based on student results. FASTtrack ensures you are always using the right combination of assessments with your students based on grade level and time of year. FASTtrack removes any guesswork by providing a one-button solution for teachers and students to start or continue testing. FASTtrack Math is available as of July 13th, 2020.
After completing FASTtrack, teachers get access to several valuable resources:
- A tailored instruction plan to address any class or grade wide skill gaps
- Individual student risk levels across multiple skill areas
- Supplemental instruction plans for students who show risk in skill areas
- Recommended intervention tools and dosage
- Progress monitoring recommendations
Updated Teacher View:
FASTtrack assessments are visible to Teachers from the Screening page. The FASTtrack Math page has been updated to make assessing students even easier.
- The Status column displays the current status of the FASTtrack assessments
- Not Started - None of the FASTtrack assessments have been started
- In Progress – At least one FASTtrack assessment has been started
- Completed – All FASTtrack assessments for that student are complete
- Any Teacher Administered assessments (for grades K-1) will be visible on the page
- Any Computer Administered assessments (for grades 2-12) will be visible on the page
- The Start button will launch the single assessment, or set of assessments
- Note: it is recommended that computer administered assessments are accessed via the student login.
- The Resume button will continue an assessment that is in progress but has not been completed
- The assessment scores will display on the screening page once they have been completed
- Note: In order for FASTtrack Math to be available, the appropriate assessments must be enabled for your District
FASTtrack Math Assessments by Grade:
*Note: There was an update made to both FASTtrack Reading and FASTtrack Math with the order of the Automaticity and Adaptive assessments will be administered to students. For FASTtrack Reading, students will complete AUTOreading then aReading and for FASTtrack Math students will complete CBMmath Automaticity then aMath.
earlyMath Assessments by Interval:
Improved Student Experience:
FASTtrack Math computer administered assessments are also simple for students to launch. When students log into FastBridge, they will see a single FASTtrack Math button that will launch the correct assessments based on their grade and the time of year.
All other enabled assessments will continue to be available under the More Tests section.
Math Screening to Intervention Report (S2i):
An updated Math S2i report that matches the FASTtrack Math assessments will also be made available July, 2020. This includes:
● Number: The intuitive understanding of what numbers mean, including the ability to comprehend, estimate, count, and compare quantities, as well as to recognize numerals and relate those numerals to quantities.
● Operations: A mathematical process. Specifically, the use of rules on a set of numbers to perform a mathematical calculation. The most common are adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing.
● General Math: Developing knowledge, understanding, and skills in number concepts and mathematical operations, along with the ability to apply those skills to studying and solving problems that involve numbers, patterns, space, and change.
The Math S2i report also will provide new recommendations based on these skills, including a new and more granular way to map local, district-purchased instruction and intervention content. Please note that current instruction/intervention mappings in FastBridge will need to be reconfigured when the updated s2i report becomes available, to take advantage of this new and more granular flexibility.
New Math Intervention Content
New intervention content is now available via the Training Center. As of July, 2020 new Math intervention modules are now available for:
- Data Analysis, Statistics, and Probability
- Rational Numbers
Our on-site and webinar learning opportunities are very popular, but we also hear that you’d like more opportunities to learn about using FastBridge and MTSS best practices. We don’t want schedules or budgets to keep anyone from making the most of FastBridge, so we are introducing FASTflix: an on-demand learning subscription available directly within FastBridge. Available 24/7, FASTflix includes recorded content plus activities for more than 40 of the most popular webinar topics.
Updated Norms for CBMmath Automaticity
New national norms and benchmarks are now available for the CBMmath Automaticity Level 3 screening form in Grades 4 - 6. The new national norms include fall, winter, and spring screening norms and seasonal and annual growth norms.