Here are the steps to conduct progress monitoring with the FastBridge teacher-administered assessments. These directions apply to the following assessments
1. Equipment. Make sure that all teachers and students who will be assigned to complete the assessment have an internet-connected computer or tablet with attached audio and video equipment.
2. Student forms.
- The teacher needs to download the student forms for the assessment from the Training & Resources tab. Note that there are additional downloads and procedures for certain earlyReading progress measures. See the linked articles for specific information.
3. Administration Procedure. Follow these steps to administer the teacher-administered assessment (with student materials).
- Open the student materials and maximize their size on your computer screen.
- Launch your internet browser and open a window with Google Meets (or another video conference tool).
- Open another tab/window with FastBridge, login, and navigate to the screening administration page.
- When signed into Google Meets, you and your student should both show your video so you can see each other as though you’re sitting in a classroom together.
- Before sharing your screen, talk to the student and explain that you’ll be doing the same task you do in school but together via the computer. Take time to connect with the student before launching into the assessment.
- Once you’re ready to begin the assessment, using Google Meets, you should share ONLY the window with the student materials. It is extremely important that the entire screen is not shared. Doing so will share your administration view and will make the student materials smaller on the screen.
4. Equipment practice. Teachers need to practice to make certain that all audio and video works as intended. Practice administering an assessment remotely before doing so with students, particularly the complex video conferencing part of the assessment administration.
5. Progress Monitoring Schedule. Check to be sure that all students whom you need to monitor have active progress monitoring schedules in FastBridge.
- Note the specific dates when each student is scheduled to complete monitoring.
- Remind families and students to complete the progress measures on the assigned dates.
- Notify the families and students when the progress monitoring availability closes.
6. Family directions. Distribute the attached family directions form or create a local form with the directions to distribute to the families.
7. Teacher directions. Administering the progress monitoring assessments will involve the same standardized directions as when done in a school setting, however, there are additional equipment and setup needs.
- Teachers will need to have both audio and video available on the computer or tablet used for testing.
- Headphones are recommended in order to reduce ambient noise during testing.
- In order to see and hear the student, as well as record the student’s answers in the FastBridge system while testing, teachers will benefit from using two monitors or having both a computer and a tablet during the session. Alternatively, the teacher will need to open and use two side-by-side tabs while testing with one monitor or screen.
Family Instructions for FastBridge Teacher-Administered Progress Monitoring Assessment
Thank you for assisting your child to complete the following FastBridge Progress Monitoring assessment(s). In order to conduct this assessment, your child and your child’s teacher will need to log in at the time listed below.
The specific FastBridge progress monitoring assessment(s) that your child will complete is/are:
The progress monitoring assessments need to be completed on all of the following dates and times:
The testing sessions will be conducted using a video conference link. Here is the link for your child’s sessions:
Your child will need to use a computer or tablet device with both audio and video available. Once they are both online, the teacher will conduct the test by having your child read letters, words, and stories, or point to numbers.
VERY IMPORTANT: It is extremely important that the assessment be completed by your child without your assistance for item answers. You will be allowed to answer questions about the computer equipment or when to stop and start only. Any assistance by you on test items will affect the score and make the results invalid. We appreciate your cooperation.
USE THE FOLLOWING DIRECTIONS ON THE DAY OF TESTING
1. On the dates assigned for your child, have your child log in to a computer or tablet device and open an internet browser.
2. Open the link for the video conference session that your child’s teacher sent.
- If you have questions about access to the videoconference link, contact your child’s teacher or school contact person. FastBridge cannot answer questions related to these links.
3. Confirm that the audio and video connections on your child’s computer or tablet are working.
4. Your child’s teacher will provide specific directions for the assessment once your child is connected.
5. Once your child has completed the test, no additional steps are needed.
6. If you have questions, contact your child’s teacher or the staff person who sent these directions.