Here are the steps to conduct remote screening with the FastBridge teacher-administered assessments. These directions apply to the following assessments:
1. Equipment. Make sure that all teachers and students who will be assigned to complete the assessment have an internet-connected computer or tablet with audio and video capabilities.
2. Student forms. The teacher needs to download the student forms for the assessment from the Training & Resources tab. Note that there are additional directions and downloads for remote earlyReading administration that teachers should review carefully in advance.
3. Administration Procedure. Follow these steps to conduct remote screening with teacher-administered FastBridge assessments.
- Open the student materials and maximize their size on your computer screen.
- Open your internet browser window to Google Meets (or another video conference tool).
- Open a second window to the FastBridge application, log in and navigate to the screening administration page.
- Once signed into Google Meets both the teacher and the student should show their video so they can see each other as though they were sitting in a classroom together.
- Before sharing your screen, talk to the student and explain that you’ll be doing the same task you do in school but together via the computer. Take time to connect with the student before launching into the assessment.
- Once you’re ready to begin the assessment, using Google Meets, the teacher should share ONLY the window with the student materials. It is extremely important that the entire screen is not shared. Doing so will share your administration view and will make the student materials smaller on the screen.
4. Equipment practice. Teachers need to ensure that all audio and video work as intended. The teacher should practice administering an assessment remotely before doing so with students, particularly the complex video conferencing part of the assessment administration.
5. Screening window. The FastBridge district manager should review and confirm the available screening dates and times using the Default Screening Periods settings in the Manager menu.
- Distribute these dates and times to the student and/or family.
- Remind families and students to complete the screening assessment on the assigned dates.
- Notify the families and students when the screening availability window closes.
6. Family directions. Distribute the attached family directions form or create a local form with the directions to distribute to the families.
Teacher directions. Administering the screening assessments will involve the same standardized directions as when done in a school setting, however, there are additional equipment and setup needs.
Family Instructions for FastBridge Teacher-Administered Screening Assessments
(This information is also available in downloadable forms linked below)
Thank you for assisting your child to complete the following FastBridge Screening Assessment(s). In order to conduct this assessment, your child and your child’s teacher will need to log in at the time listed below.
The screening assessment(s) need to be completed during the following dates and times:
Your child will need to use a computer or tablet device with both audio and video available. Once they are both online, the teacher will conduct the test by having your child read letters, words, and stories, or point to numbers.
The specific FastBridge Screening Assessment(s) that your child will complete is/are:
The testing session will be conducted using a video conference link. Here is the link for your child’s sessions:
VERY IMPORTANT: It is extremely important that the assessment be completed by your child without your assistance for item answers. You will be allowed to answer questions about the computer equipment. Any assistance by you on test items will affect the score and make the results invalid. We appreciate your cooperation.
USE THE FOLLOWING DIRECTIONS ON THE DAY OF TESTING
1. On the date assigned for your child, have your child log in to a computer or tablet device and open an internet browser.
2. Open the link for the videoconference session that your child’s teacher sent.
- If you have questions about access to the videoconference link, contact your child’s teacher or school contact person. FastBridge cannot answer questions related to these links.
3. Confirm that the audio and video connections on your child’s computer or tablet are working.
4. Your child’s teacher will provide specific directions for the assessment once your child is connected.
5. Once your child has completed the test, no additional steps are needed.
6. If you have questions, contact your child’s teacher or the staff person who sent these directions.