The earlyReading English - Letter Names subtest assesses a student’s accuracy and automaticity with naming uppercase and lowercase English letters in isolation. earlyReading English - Letter Names is part of the Composite in the fall of kindergarten and can also be used for progress monitoring.
Before administering the earlyReading English - Letter Names subtest be sure to download the student forms from the Training & Resources tab on the FastBridge website.
Select the Downloads tile under the Training & Resources tab.
Then, select Download resources under earlyReading.
Finally, click on the PDF icon under the LN column, in the Administrator row.
The student form looks like this:
To administer this assessment for the purpose of universal screening:
- Log in to the FastBridge system as a teacher.
- Go to the Screening tab.
- Select the earlyReading assessment.
- Select the LN column from the earlyReading English Screening page.
To administer this assessment for purposes of Progress Monitoring:
- Log into the FastBridge system as a teacher or a specialist.
- Go to the Progress Monitoring tab.
- Use the filters to find the correct group of students.
- Select Start for the desired student and choose a Form.
Here is what the teacher sees when administering the earlyReading English - Letter Names subtest:
For more information about the earlyReading English - Letter Names subtest complete the online earlyReading English certification course found in the Training & Resources section of the FastBridge system.
To do so, navigate to the Training & Resources tab, and click on the earlyReading English course tile.
Then, select Letter Names on the vertical menu.