The earlyReading English - Letter Sounds subtest is timed and assesses a student’s ability and automaticity with providing the sounds for lowercase letters in isolation. earlyReading English - Letter Sounds is part of the Composite in the fall, winter, and spring of kindergarten and it can also be used for progress monitoring. The earlyReading English - Letter Sounds subtest is also available in Braille.
Before administering the earlyReading English - Letter Sounds subtest be sure to download the student forms from the Training & Resources tab on the FastBridge website.
Select the Downloads tile under the Training and Resources tab.
Then, select Download resources under earlyReading.
Finally, click on the PDF icon under the LS column, in the Administrator row.
The student form looks like this:
To administer this assessment for the purpose of universal screening:
- Log in to the FastBridge system as a teacher.
- Go to the Screening tab.
- Select the earlyReading assessment.
- Select the LS column from the earlyReading English Screening page.
To administer this assessment for purposes of Progress Monitoring:
- Log into the FastBridge system as a teacher or a specialist.
- Go to the Progress Monitoring tab.
- Use the filters to find the correct group of students.
- Select Start for the desired student and choose a Form.
Here is what the teacher sees when administering the earlyReading English - Letter Sounds subtest:
For more information about the earlyReading English - Letter Sounds subtest complete the online earlyReading English course found in the Training & Resources section of the FastBridge system.
To do so, navigate to the Training & Resources tab, and click on the earlyReading English course tile.
Then, select Letter Sounds from the vertical menu.