earlyReading Spanish -- Sight Words
The earlyReading Spanish -- Sight Words subtest assesses a student's ability to recognize up to 150 of the most high-frequency Spanish words. The earlyReading Spanish -- Sight Words subtest is distinct from the earlyReading Spanish -- Decodable Words subtest because many high-frequency words are not decodable, and students must recognize them with automaticity rather than by using decoding strategies. earlyReading Spanish -- Sight Words are part of the Composite in the spring of kindergarten and in the fall, winter, and spring of grade 1; it can also be used for progress monitoring.
Unlike English, there are not universal lists of the most frequent Spanish words used by Spanish speakers in the U.S. To develop the FastBridge Spanish assessments, a research team at the University of Minnesota reviewed available lists of commonly used Spanish words, including those from national, state, and local district settings. The words that were found on all the lists were used to develop the earlyReading Spanish - Sight Words subtest as well used in the CBMreading Spanish passages.
Download Student Forms
- Select the Training & Resources tab.
- Open Downloads.
- Select Download Resources under earlyReading.
- Select the PDF icon under the SW column, in the Administrator row.
Example Student Form
Administer the Assessment for Universal Screening
- Log in to the FastBridge system as a teacher.
- Go to the Screening tab.
- Select the earlyReading assessment.
- Select earlyReading Spanish.
- Select the SWs column from the earlyReading Spanish Screening page.
Administer the Assessment for Progress Monitoring
- Log into the FastBridge system as a teacher or a specialist.
- Go to the Progress Monitoring tab.
- Use the filters to find the correct assessment group of students.
- Select Start for the desired student and choose a Form.
Example Teacher View
- Select the earlyReading Spanish course tile under Training & Resources.
- Select the Sight Words option on the leftside menu. Complete Lessons 1 through 8 in order to certify in the earlyReading Spanish - Sight Words subtest.