The earlyReading Spanish -- Syllable Reading subtest is timed and assesses a student’s ability to read Spanish syllables (e.g., "te"). earlyReading Spanish -- Syllable Reading is part of the Composite for fall, winter, and spring in both kindergarten and grade 1. It can also be used for progress monitoring.
Before administering the earlyReading Spanish -- Syllable Reading subtest be sure to download the student forms from the Training & Resources tab in the FastBridge system.
Select the Downloads tile under the Training & Resources tab.
Then, select Download resources under earlyReading.
Finally, click on the PDF icon under the SY column, in the Administrator row.
The student form looks like this:
To administer this assessment for the purpose of universal screening:
- Log in to the FastBridge system as a teacher.
- Go to the Screening tab.
- Select the earlyReading assessment.
- Select the SA column from the earlyReading Spanish Screening page.
To administer this assessment for purposes of progress monitoring:
- Log into the FastBridge system as a teacher or a specialist.
- Go to the Progress Monitoring tab.
- Use the filters to find the correct assessment group of students.
- Select Start for the desired student and choose a Form.
Here is what the teacher sees when administering the earlyReading Spanish -- Syllable Reading subtest.
For more information about the earlyReading Spanish -- Syllable Reading subtest complete the online earlyReading Spanish course found in the Training & Resources section of the FastBridge system.
To do so, navigate to the Training & Resources tab, and click on the earlyReading Spanish course tile.
Then, select the Syllable Reading option on the vertical menu. Complete Lessons 1 through 8 in order to certify in the earlyReading Spanish - Syllable Reading subtest.