The earlyReading Spanish -- Word Blending subtest assesses a student’s ability to form a word from individually-spoken sounds called phonemes. Phonemes are the smallest units of sound in spoken language. During the earlyReading Spanish -- Word Blending subtest, examiners say each phoneme in a word and the student is expected to say the complete word. earlyReading Spanish -- Word Blending is an optional screening and progress monitoring assessment.
- Select the Training & Resources tab.
- Select Downloads
- Then, select Download resources under earlyReading.
- Finally, click on the PDF icon under the WB column, in the Administrator row.
There are not any student forms for this subtest.
To administer this assessment for the purpose of universal screening:
- Log in to the FastBridge system as a teacher.
- Go to the Screening tab.
- Select the earlyReading assessment.
- Select the DW column from the earlyReading Spanish Screening page.
To administer this assessment for purposes of progress monitoring:
- Log into the FastBridge system as a teacher or a specialist.
- Go to the Progress Monitoring tab.
- Use the filters to find the correct assessment group of students.
- Select Start for the desired student and choose a Form.
Here is what the teacher sees when administering the earlyReading Spanish -- Word Blending subtest.
For more information about the earlyReading Spanish -- Word Blending subtest complete the online earlyReading Spanish course found in the Training & Resources section of the FastBridge system.
To do so, navigate to the Training & Resources tab, and click on the earlyReading Spanish course tile.
Then, select the Word Blending option on the vertical menu. Complete Lessons 1 through 8 in order to certify in the earlyReading Spanish - Word Blending subtest.