All LEA staff user account information is entered into the district's student information system (SIS) and you will access FastBridge through your account on the EdPortal site. AEA staff will also access FastBridge via EdPortal but the setup process is different. See the quick start documents under Links to Instructions below.
Links to Instructions for Access Setup:
- Quick Start: Access to Student Success and Fastbridge for LEA Users
- Quick Start: AEA Access to Student Success and Fastbridge
Need to Know:
- Staff access to FastBridge is via the Iowa Education Portal (effective August 7th, 2020).
- Staff will not have a direct login to the FastBridge site.
- Student logins will continue to be through the FastBridge site.
- LEA users: All user role, building assignment, name and email address assignments information come directly from the data entry in the district's student information system. Updates to staff information or assignments must be made in the district's student information system.
- Login enabling/disabling, grade wide access (classroom user/teacher accounts), and PM access (for group proctor accounts)is be controlled by District Managers on the Manage Staff page in FastBridge.
Troubleshooting Access for LEA (District/School) Staff
No FastBridge link in EdPortal? Check the following:
- You're selecting the correct building in the drop-down in the upper right corner of EdPortal.
- Your email address in EdPortal matches the email address on your staff record in the district's SIS.
- A FAST user role has been correctly assigned in your student information system. For this you will need to collaborate with your SIS data entry person. See also: Assigning MTSS or FAST User Roles for LEA
Additional troubleshooting help is available in Troubleshooting for School Users
Still need help?
Follow your district's plan for support, usually by contacting your FAST District Manager. Prior to using the contacts below, please check with your SIS manager to be sure assignments have been made in your SIS. The Iowa Education Portal and FastBridge are completely separate systems with their own support. Use the guide below to identify the source of the issue and get help faster by contacting the right support team. Please include clear descriptions of the problem, along with screenshots (when applicable) in your support request. Also, make sure to check out the self-help documentation for each system. We probably have already encountered the issue and come up with a solution.
Contact the EdPortal team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-725-2040 if you encounter issues with:
setting up your A&A account
accessing the EdPortal website
password issues or A&A account locked
updating your A&A information
Contact the FastBridge support team via “Support” in the FastBridge system or by emailing email@example.com for help with the following:
you can log into your account on EdPortal but there is no MTSS drop-down menu or FastBridge link underneath (after you select the correct district or building in the upper right corner)
any problem encountered after you click the FastBridge link, such as an error message or a roster issue.