Iowa: Default Assessments
Iowa schools are required to select a state approved literacy assessment for each K-6 grade level. That assessment is set as the default literacy assessment for the school year and is used for data reporting for Healthy Indicators and Early Literacy Implementation (ELI) requirements. For districts who utilize FastBridge math assessments, you are encouraged to select a default math assessment for the 2021-22 school year, as this will allow the data to populate into reports in the Student Success data system.
How to Select Default Assessments
The school default assessment selection and district review will occur in the Consolidated Accountability and Support Application (CASA). This collection in CASA must be completed between August 1-15th, 2022 for the 2022-23 school year. See K-8 Default Assessment Collection Instructions for more information on how.
Viewing Previous Default Literacy Assessment Selections
How to look at current default assessment selections
View your selection for the current year, or the upcoming school year (after August 1st) in the CASA system.
How to look at 2021-22 and prior default assessment selections
Tip: The previous year's default literacy assessments selected for the district/building are visible in CASA during the new default selection process.
Filtering the default assessment sheet
(you may also use the find function in the spreadsheet, but make sure you account for ALL of your buildings)
- Click the Filter button on the toolbar.
- Select Create new temporary filter view from dropdown.
- To see filter options, click the filter icon in the column header.
- Click Clear to remove all pre-selected values.
- In filter box, start typing district or building name (depending on the column you're filtering) then select district/building from the list generated. TIP: You can select multiple items, and set filters on multiple columns.
- Click OK.
- Repeat for additional columns, as desired.