The Group Growth Report can be used to effectively help set a student's End-of-Year (EOY) goal, ensure students progress toward that goal, and compares predictions with the EOY Goal and Benchmark. This report displays Growth %iles and goals. The question of "Did the Group Improve" based on risk status and rate of improvment (ROI) can be interpreted from this report.
Accessing the Group Growth Report
- Select the Reporting tab.
- Select View Report on the Group Growth Report tile. Then, select an assessment.
- Use the filters to adjust the data that will be displayed in the Group Growth Report.
- Demographic Options: This information is only available when there is demographic information included in the roster.
- Start: System will default to the Fall of the current school year. Select between Fall of the current year or previous years.
- End: System will default to the most recent screening period.
- By All - Comparing growth to all students within their grade level nationally.
- Growth by Start Score - Comparing growth to all students within their grade level nationally that had the same starting score.
- Growth by District - Comparing growth locally between all students at their grade level district-wide.
- Growth by School - Comparing growth locally between all students at their grade level school-wide.
- Color Coding: New to this report is the ability to view Normative Referenced (Norms) or Criterion Referenced ( Benchmarks) data.
- Growth: Unit of growth, monthly or weekly. Defaults to Monthly for aReading and aMath, all other assessments default to Weekly.
End of Year Goal: Determine what goal you would like students to obtain, this will adjust the Monthly Goal score and percentile as well as the End of Year Goal Score.
- By Benchmark - Select a benchmark to set as the goal score.
- College Pathway - Only available for aReading, aMath and CBMReading FastBridgefact: Understanding the College Pathway Benchmarks in FastBridge ™
- Low Risk - Sets End of year Goal Score to the first score in the Low-Risk category.
- Next Highest - Sets End of Year Goal Score to the next benchmark cut score, ie. if a student is in the High-Risk category in Fall, their Goal Score would be the cut point for the Some Risk category. Similarly, if a student is in the Some Risk category in Fall, the End of Year Goal Score will be at the cut point to be in the Low-Risk Category.
- By Goal Score - Enter a score you wish to set as their End of year Goal Score. For more information on how setting a Goal Score affects the Group Growth Report, see: Group Growth Report - Understanding the End of Year Goal
- By Growth %ile - Select a percentile to adjust the End of Year Goal Score based on that Growth Percentile.
Interpreting the Report
- Scores of Students in Group by Normative (or Benchmark)Categories - This shows the percentage of students in the normative or benchmark categories. Hover the cursor on the bar to display the exact number of students.
- Growth of Students in Group by Normative (or Benchmark) Categories- This shows the percentage of students whose growth was ranked in these categories.
- Observed Scores: These are the raw scores each student received for the Fall and selected End period. The colored box next to the scores refers to the percentile group under which each score falls.
Monthly Observed Growth Score and %ile:
- Growth Score - This is the amount of growth the student had from the Start to End interval. In this case, we are looking at aReading (Monthly Growth) from Fall to Late Winter. Student 2 grew 1.11 points per month from Fall to Late Winter.
- Growth Percentile - The rank of the student's growth based on the Growth %ile settings on the top. Student 2 is at the 28th percentile. That means s/he grew the same as or better than 28% of 3rd-grade students in the district.
Monthly Goal Growth Score and %ile: This information is determined by the End of Year Goal setting- for this example, Next Highest (Sets End of Year Goal Score to the next benchmark cut point).
- Growth Score - The amount of growth needed per week/month to obtain the Goal Score. In this case, Student 2 needs to grow 11.83 points per month to get a score of 503 at the end of the year.
- Growth Percentile - The percentile rank of the Monthly Goal Growth Score the student needs to obtain the end-of-year goal. In this case, Student 2 Monthly Goal Growth Score of 11.83 is at the 99%ile of growth, so growing the same as or better than 99% of 3rd-grade students in the district.
End Of Year:
- Predicted Score (see below)- The expected End of Year score based on the Observed Growth score. *If there is no Start or End period score, the predicted score is based on growth at the 50th percentile.*
- Goal Score - This is determined based on the End of Year Goal selected in the settings. This is based on the most recent screening score. How the End of Year Goal affects the report is explained in the article: Group Growth Report - Understanding the End of Year Goal
- Benchmark Score - This is the first score in the Low-Risk category for spring.
If a question mark icon appear in the report, hover the cursor over the icon. A box will pop up describing why it is blank and how to possibly change it.