Accessing the Group Screening Report
Go to the Reporting tab > Group Screening Report. Select desired assessment in the drop-down.
There is a large amount of data compiled within these reports so the load time will be longer than normal. No loading progress indicator is displayed during this time so it may appear that it’s loading blank or partially loading. Be patient… it’s coming! You may need to wait 7-15 seconds or even longer with no visible status change in the system.
Data for this report is compiled nightly based on the available data in the FastBridge system as of the end of the day. Remember that during a screening window the data are incomplete, representing only the data collected as of the prior day. Use data cautiously - the results may only be for a few students that have taken the selected test.
Navigating the Report
1. Bread Crumbs - This is a string of links that shows what level of the report you’re current viewing (what selections you’ve made along the way). To return to a previous level, click the appropriate link on the bread crumb trail.
2. Filter - Data may be filtered (not disaggregated) using demographic information from the district’s student information system. Select the checkbox next to the desired demographic(s) and click Filter Students. To clear the selected filters, click the Show All Students button.
Note: The filter options under IEP Status are not applicable to Iowa. To filter by IEP student, select Special Ed under Service Code.
3. Academic year - Valid State and AEA level data is available beginning in the 2017-18 school year. The drop-down provides access to additional years for districts that contracted directly with FastBridge. Data in the state and AEA summary displays prior to 2017-18 are not valid and should not be interpreted as such.
4. Graph - Displays the aggregated data across all students in all districts who took the selected test. The mouseover of the vertical bar graph is the only place to get the student counts.
5. Sort columns - Hover under the column header to reveal the sort arrow. Sort by any column.
6. Drilling in - Click on the blue link with the name of the AEA, district, building or grade level (consecutively) to drill in to the next level data view in the report (AEA users can only drill in to their own AEA). To return to a previous data view, use the breadcrumbs at the top.
Applied filters will remain in place at each new level until cleared.
Class and individual student data is not available on this report. Users may only drill in to grade level data within a building.
Viewing state, AEA, or district summary data by grade level is not currently an option on this report.
7. Percent at benchmark - The horizontal bar graphs display the percent of students color coded by benchmark level (high risk, some risk, low risk, and college pathway) for all available data. The number in the center of the bars represent the percent of students scoring in the low risk category and higher, in other words: students scoring above benchmark.
8. More data - Clicking on More Data reveals the percentage of students in each colored band as numbers below the bar graph. Note that the numbers don't actually line up with the bars, but are in the correct sequence corresponding to the risk levels.
Click Less Data to hide the expanded data.