Districts that send their roster to FastBridge via Clever or OneRoster API (ClassLink and Infinite Campus) can have non-teaching staff users automatically rostered nightly in FastBridge by setting up mappings of the Clever Title field or OneRoster User Role (administrator, aide, proctor). This article provides important information to consider before mapping users for each SIS and through the User Role mapping Process.
Required Role: Master Account Administrator or District Manager
Before You Begin
Keep in mind the following:
- For additional detailed instructions on setting up User Role Mapping, take a look at Step 5 of the Creating FastBridge Accounts with a Clever Integration article.
- The required fields for FastBridge when sharing non-teaching staff in Clever are first name, last name, email, title, and school assignments.
- The school assignments must be schools and not the default district.
- The FastBridge School Manager role can only be assigned to 1
- If a user needs a School Manager account but is assigned to more than one school, the FastBridge Specialist user role should be used as there is no difference in permissions between the two roles when rostering via Clever.
- The FastBridge User Role Mapping tool is a comma separated field. Therefore, users with a Clever non-teaching staff title containing commas will not import into FastBridge.
- Users can only be shared with FastBridge with a single OneRoster user role. Dual OneRoster user role assignments are not supported. The teacher user role must take precedence over the administrator, aide, or proctor user role.
Setup User Role Mapping in FastBridge
- Select the District Manager Tab.
- Select District Preferences.
- Select User Role Mapping.
- Select Add Row.
- Use the dropdown menu to select a FAST User Role.
- Enter an API Title into the text box.
- Add multiple Clever titles or OneRoster user roles to the same FastBridge User Role using a comma separated list.
- Use the trashcan to delete a row.
- Select Submit.
As an alternative to setting up User Role Mapping, Clever and OneRoster districts can manually create non-teaching staff accounts in FastBridge. To manually create new non-teaching accounts in FastBridge, take a look at Adding User Accounts.