FastBridge District Manager (DM) accounts are the only type that have the full functionality to troubleshoot all possibilities with missing scores. If you do not have a DM account, please contact one of your district managers for assistance. Note: Scores do not transfer between districts in FastBridge but they do transfer between districts in Iowa's MTSS data system, Student Success.
Troubleshooting Missing Scores
1. Confirm that the student is visible in FastBridge and only the score is missing. If the student is missing, use instructions in Iowa: Troubleshooting Rosters and Student Demographics to troubleshoot the missing student.
2. On the Reports tab, download the report titled: Student Data Download for the desired assessment in FastBridge. Be sure to select the current school year, school, assessment and Progress Monitoring. An email address is not required.
4. Open file in Excel and filter to student name (Data > Filter at the top is the easiest).
5. Review filtered results:
- Check the line that displays the score for the following:
- Building name
- State id - compare the two lines
- Grade level - scores collected at different grade levels cannot be transferred.
- If there is no score visible, rerun the report using all buildings to confirm whether the score is associated with the wrong building.
6. Submit a FastBridge support ticket with the following information:
- Student first and last name as it appears in your student information system
- State id
- Correction to be made:
- If the score is under an incorrect building name, provide the name of the building to transfer from and the building to transfer to.
- If the state id is different, check with your district’s SRI data person to confirm which of the ids is correct for state reporting and provide that information.
7. Share the student’s scores with district/building staff who need it for decision making until the correction is made in FastBridge. If the score is missing because it was collected under the incorrect building, it is still available on some reports such as the student at-a-glance.
Common causes of missing scores and how to avoid them
Score showing with the incorrect building:
Cause #1 - multiple school enrollments
- The most common cause is when a student has enrollments at multiple buildings at the time of monitoring. This may be intentional or the result of an orphaned school enrollment record, which is a record deleted from your student information system rather than ended with a date. This is most frequent in the Fall but may happen anytime.
To avoid this -
- Use exit dates on school defunct enrollments to ensure an update is sent to FastBridge, even if the student didn’t actually attend one of the buildings.
- Prompt students to look for a drop-down menu to select the correct building, when logging in to take the assessment. Most students will not see a drop-down and that's good! It's only present if the student is enrolled in more than one building in FastBridge (intentional or due to an issue) at the time of testing
Cause #2 - school enrollment end/start dates
- The second most frequent cause is non-consecutive school enrollment exit/start dates in your student information system, when a student transfers from one building to another in the district. The score transfer auto process is dependent upon consecutive dates.
To avoid this -
- Use consecutive exit/entry dates on school enrollment changes in your student information system.
Score showing with different state id
- State id changed in student information system. FastBridge uses the state id as the main element for student identification and all data is connected to that state id. When the student’s information with a different state id is received, FastBridge treats it like a new student and creates a new record in FastBridge. The student’s previous data remains attached to the record with the previous state id.
To avoid this -
- It can’t really be completely avoided. However, if it’s possible for your district SRI and student information system managers to send notification to your FastBridge District Managers when a state id is changed in your SIS, a ticket can be submitted quicker for resolution.
Still need help?
Follow your district's plan for support, usually by contacting your FastBridge District Manager. If your district doesn't have a plan, submit a support request in FastBridge or by emailing email@example.com (which also creates a support request). Don't forget to include specific details such as the name of the building, grade level, teacher, assessment and the student(s) first and last names. Do not use the chat feature or phone support number through FastBridge, as your Iowa support team is not available via those methods.