Below is a list of issues with the new PM interface that we've identified and documented for the engineers.
- Green support/chat button blocking buttons on PM setup page (Update 12/7)
- Editing PM setup - Updated 11/3
- Deselecting a week on the district PM calendar doesn't exclude week from PM
- Duplicate PM form links appear for each week
- Monitoring completed but score is missing - Fixed 12/7/21
- Unable to exit after progress monitoring
- Overdue label when student has been monitored in the current week
- Recent trends indicators incorrect on PM list, correct on PM Report
- PM list filters not functioning properly
- No link to the PM assessment under the student's login
- New and/or Edit Setup buttons not working
- Monitoring schedule page just spins when I try to create a new PM plan - Updated 12/1
Q: A green support/chat button blocking access to the Next and Submit buttons when creating or editing a PM plan - how do I get rid of it?
A: This is an emerging issue that FastBridge is investigating. It is intermittent. There is no confirmed workaround or timeline for resolution, at this time. Update 12/7 - New workaround! Use the refresh button on your browser (usually a circular arrow to the left of the URL bar at the top) to refresh the page. It will return you to the PM list page but when you edit or create a new PM plan, the green support/chat button should be gone. If that doesn't work, some users have reported success by trying a different browser.
Q: Editing PM setup - doesn't save or doesn't change the plan
A. Not all editing functions are working. FastBridge is investigating but at the current time, we've identified that the following functions are not editable - they will either look like they save and not actually update the plan or they will not save at all
- start date
- goal line (type) selection (visible after next data point collected)
- monitoring user
- assessment level
- changing PM end date - see update below under PM plan showing inactive because it was prematurely end dated
The workaround is to release the student from the PM plan and recreate it. If data has been collected in the existing PM plan, you can use the current week as the start date on the new PM plan but select the next consecutive form number to start the new plan where the previous plan left off (that field is on the Monitoring Schedule setup page) . This will allow you to view the previously collected data on the PM report of the new plan.
Note: Editing functions that we believe are working:
- PM start score
- PM goal value
- PM time
- Intervention plan name
- Intervention plan frequency
- Intervention plan user
- Adding intervention plan after PM plan is created (visible after next data point collected)
PM plan showing inactive because it was prematurely end dated?
We recommend that all PM plan end dates be set for the end of the school year (see: Iowa: Is the Intervention Working? Setting Quality Goals and Using PM Data for Decision-Making ). If a plan is accidentally (or intentionally) set to end before the end of the school year, there are a couple of things you'll run into. First, you'll likely get an error message indicating the student is already in a plan with that measure, if you try to create a new PM plan with the same PM assessment. Second, if you try to edit the end date, it will make the plan 'active' again but may not provide the Start Form to monitor under that plan or it may provide duplicate forms links for each week.
UPDATE #2: due to a new issue, we have had to revert back to the previous workaround for restoring prematurely ended PM plans, which is listed below
- Go into the inactive PM plan and edit the end date of the plan (to the end of the school year) to make it 'active' again. See: Editing a PM Plan
- Release the student from the PM plan. See: Removing Students from Existing PM
- Create a new PM plan with the current week as the start date. See: Creating a Progress Monitoring Plan
- During setup, select the next consecutive start form number to pick up where the previous PM plan left off - this will allow the system to populate any previously collected scores on the PM report without form number overlaps
Note: This only works for PM plans that are inactive because of the end date. It will not work for PM plans where the student has been released.
Q: I deselected a week on the district PM calendar (see article) to make it inactive for PM and it didn't work. The week and form are available in the student PM plans.
A: This is a newly discovered bug that we're investigating. If this occurs, please do not monitor students twice upon return to 'make up' the week. It results in data that is not helpful in determining the effectiveness of the intervention and it's not a good use of teacher or student time. Ignore the skipped week and pick up monitoring with the correct week upon return.
Q: Two PM form links per week suddenly appearing. Why? And how do we get rid of the duplicate?
A: This is generally the result of editing the end date on an existing PM plan to extend it but appears to be intermittent. The only option is to remove the additional weekly form link is to release the student from the plan and create a new one, however, a teacher can ignore the extra probe links (it will not impact the data) until a change to the monitoring plan is needed. This will stimulate the Overdue label to be stuck.
If you choose to recreate the PM plan, we suggest setting the start date as the current week and selecting the next consecutive start form number to pick up where the previous PM plan left off. It's a drop down field titled Starting Form on the Monitoring Schedule setup page. This will allow the new plan to continue where the previous ended and the previous data to smoothly integrate on the PM Report.
Q: Help! We've progress monitored the student but the score isn't showing up.
A: Update 12/7/2021 - the engineers have fixed this issue. Previously, the assessment is completed, the score is captured, and it is visible on the PM Report but is not displayed under Monitoring Scores on the PM list. The scores should register correctly when progress monitoring is administered moving forward.
Q: I click submit on the monitoring assessment but when I click EXIT on the next screen, nothing happens. It freezes and can't get back to the PM page.
A: This is a known issue that appears to be happening with multiple assessments. FastBridge is investigating. Currently, there is no workaround and no timeline for resolution. The scores should be safe but you will likely have to close the tab to get out of the assessment.
Q: The PM monitoring date says 'overdue' but I've monitored the student this week!
A: This is usually caused by a week of monitoring missed earlier in the year but it may be caused by the issue described above related to the score not displaying under Monitoring Scores.
The engineers are currently working on a function that will allow missed PM weeks to be marked as skipped so they won't trigger the overdue label. We don't have a specific eta for when that will be in place, the best we can say is it will likely several weeks. If the overdue label is caused by the issue with the score display, that will be resolved when the score display issue is fixed.
Q: The recent trends indicators are incorrect compared to the student's actual progress in scores.
A: This has been reported. The indicators on the PM Report are correct but the displayed indicators under Recent Trends on the PM list don't correlate.
Most commonly, all five indicators will indicate a downward trend when, in reality, the students scores are consistently increasing and above the goal line (see screenshots of example below). You can hover over the trend indicators to see the score for each (and those do appear to be correct) but we recommend ignoring the trend indicators, if they appear inconsistent. Use the student's PM report instead, as those indicators are correct.
Example of incorrect recent trends on PM list:
PM Report displaying correct indicators:
Q: PM filters not working properly. Students are missing from the list when the filters are applied but are on the list before it's filtered.
A: You may see this if you've edited a student's PM plan - most edits do not save properly (see above) so the filters will not apply correctly to the plan after editing. We suspect there may be another issue with the filters but have been unable to pinpoint the cause.
Q: No link to the PM assessment when logged in with student login.
A: We've seen a bug with CBMmath CAP and Automaticity that FastBridge is investigating. Other assessments may be impacted; however, it's very rare and the problem is usually caused by an issue with the PM plan or the student access setup.
- See: Setting Up Student Login Access to confirm that the setup is correct.
- Confirm that the PM plan is set up correctly, the student doesn't have a score for the current week, and that the Start Form link is visible for the current week on the PM list (teacher or specialist).
- If everything is set up correctly, the workaround is to monitor the student under the Proctor view with a staff login.
Q: Nothing happens when I click the New and/or Edit Setup button on the PM page
A: FastBridge is investigating but there is no known workaround for this issue. Please work with a colleague to complete any PM creation or editing tasks until it's resolved.
Q: Monitoring schedule page just spins when I try to create a new PM plan.
A: Update 12/1/21 - FastBridge is has indicated this issue is resolved for all browsers except Safari.
Users report spinning with a loading message under the Students header on the Monitoring Schedule page during PM setup. This may be caused by the district's ad-blocker program.
1. Confirm that all required fields have been completed on the Monitoring Schedule page
2. Contact your IT department to exclude the following from any ad-blockers, pop-up blockers, or district filters: