Below is a list of issues with the PM interface that we've identified and documented for the engineer.
Letter Sounds PM - Link to PM Form 21 but there are only 20 forms for this measure
According to FastBridge, Form 21 is actually Form 1. When a student has reached the maximum number of PM forms available for a measure, they normally start over on form #1. In some cases, such as Letter Sounds, when the system starts over on form 1, the link may be labeled as Form 21. While this can be confusing, teachers can administer this as normal, using the form 1 administrator and student materials.
There's no link to administer this week's PM form (teacher login)
There are a few things that can cause this, here's what to check:
- Has the PM plan end date or PM frequency been edited? If so, the system is designed not to release forms mid-week on existing plans but the next form should be available the following week. If the form link is not available the Monday after the PM plan was edited, please submit a support request.
- Is the current week marked inactive on the district's PM calendar? If so, ALL progress monitoring plans will be missing the current week. Your FAST District Manager controls this and can confirm but be aware that if the current week is marked inactive, it can't be changed.
- Is the frequency of the PM plan correct? And if it's a bi-weekly or monthly frequency, is the current week one that should have an active form? If so, please submit a support request (after confirming that the frequency hasn't been edited).
I receive a message that says "We're sorry. An error occurred while processing your request." with an error code and "Please try again."
Submit a support ticket? If you receive this message while clicking on the PM tab, within the PM tab, or within a PM assessment no ticket is needed.
This is the result of how the server handles data behind the scenes. It's an intermittent issue that the FastBridge engineering team is aware of, and they are working on changes that should eventually take care of this. There is no timeline for resolution currently. There is no workaround unfortunately, the only real solution is to keep trying, refresh the page, or close down and log in again. If refreshing/logging out and back in/etc. does not work, please submit a support ticket.
931181 & 931135
I click on the Progress Monitoring tab and get a message that says: "There was an error fetching monitoring plans."
Submit a support ticket? Only after working with your local tech team to eliminate possible causes listed below.
This is generally a 'local' issue with the user's browser, system, network, or district security/filters. Users see the page blank or no plans message in gray with a little pink/red box in the lower right corner indicating there was an error fetching plans.
Please work with your local tech team to troubleshoot. We recommend paying particular attention to anything that may be consuming system resources or slowing processing and interfering with functions.
- Browser is most current version, browser settings and interference from add-ons or extensions (common cause)
- Firewalls, filters, blockers and other network or security and fastbridge.org has been whitelisted (common cause)
- Network strength and stability, particularly in the location of the building where work is done on the computer where the issue is seen
- Programs or processes running in the background slowing processing down
If your tech team has confirmed that there is nothing that could be interfering, please submit a support request with the following information:
- Building name
- Student name
- PM measure
- User who experienced it (if not yourself)
- What user role/view user was in at the time (listed in the upper right hand corner above the building name)
- What is clicked directly before seeing the error message
- Your computer and browser specs. Year, brand, model, OS for your machine. And for your browser the version you have and any extensions in the browser.
- Confirm whether there any pattern that you can identify about when it happens
Function Clarification (non-issues)
There is a horizontal scroll bar that cuts off the last few lines of the PM list and no vertical scroll bar to see the bottom lines. How do we get rid of that bar?
This is not a system issue. We see this sometimes when either the zoom is set too high or the user is working on a laptop and the browser window is maximized. First, check your browser zoom settings. Make sure it's at 100%. If it is, try to reduce the size of your window using the 'Restore Down' button in the upper right hand corner (this works for Chrome and Firefox).
The PM monitoring date says 'overdue' but I've monitored the student this week!
This is not a system issue. The overdue label is caused by a missed week of PM. Recently, FastBridge has released new functionality related to the Overdue label. Moving forward, if a student misses a week of PM, the Overdue label will be removed after two additional weeks of PM, the two consecutive weeks following the missed week, have been completed.
Here is an example: Johnny missed PM last week so now I see the Overdue label. This week collect PM data but the Overdue label will remain. Next week I will PM and the Overdue label will disappear.
No link to the PM assessment (student login) AND student recently changed buildings in our district.
When a student with an existing PM plan transfers to a different school in the district, the PM plan and forms will become visible to staff at the new school building but the student may be unable to access their PM via the student login.
- Confirm that the PM plan is set up correctly, the student doesn't have a score for the current week, and that the Start Form link is visible for the current week on the PM list (teacher or specialist).
- If everything is set up correctly, the workaround is to monitor the student under the Proctor view with a staff login.
- The only option to allow student logins to work is to end the PM setup and recreate it at the new school location. If data had been collected in the previous building, you can use the current week as the start date on the new PM plan but select the next consecutive form number to start the new plan where the previous plan left off (that field is on the Monitoring Schedule setup page). This will allow you to view the previously collected data on the PM report of the new plan.
Issues with Progress Monitoring Materials, Instructions and Assessments
PM: Sight Words 150 - Form 19 (Student copy)
Student materials contain an extra row of words that are not reflected on the assessment in FastBridge. The first row on the form is the extra and can be skipped.
PM: CBMReading G8 - Form 1 (Administrator Copy)
Typo on line 60, it's missing a period after the word "volcano" and can be disruptive to student reading. You may use a black pen to temporarily add a period until FastBridge gets the materials updated.
PM: CBMReading G5 - Form 16 (Student Copy and test form)
Typo on first line, ice cream is hyphenated and should not be. Updated administration and student materials are attached to this article but have not been posted as of March 2023. Scoring is the same regardless of hyphenation (ice-cream and ice cream are both treated as two words), so there is no impact on scoring between the two versions.
Click link below to download materials.