Below is a list of issues with the PM interface that we've identified and documented for the engineers in the 2022-23 school year.
- Progress monitored and score is on PM report but start form link remains on Monitoring Scores
- Letter Sounds PM link to Form 21
- There's no link to administer this week's PM form (teacher login)
- No link to PM assessment (student login) and student recently changed buildings in district
- "We're sorry. An error occurred while processing your request." with an error code and "Please try again."
- PM list doesn't load and warning says "Error Fetching Monitoring Plans"
- Student changed buildings in district, PM report shows old school
- PM list sorting and filters not functioning properly
- Horizontal scroll bar cuts off the last lines of PM list
Issues with PM Materials, Instructions, and Assessments
Recently Resolved Issues:
- Editing the PM plan end date to re-activate an inactive PM plan (previous end date is past)
- Editing student goal in PM setup doesn't save or doesn't change the goal
- Overdue label when student has been monitored in the current week
Q: Help! We've progress monitored the student but it still says 'Start Form XX' and the score isn't showing up under Monitoring Scores
Submit a support ticket? Yes, if you have this occurring, please confirm that the student didn't change schools this school year and then please submit a support ticket with details for us to notify engineers.
FastBridge is investigating situations when the assessment is completed and the score is visible on the PM Report but is not displayed on the Monitoring Scores pop-out on the PM list. This is inconvenient but it's important to note that the PM score is safe if you can see it on the PM report. The PM data is also visible in Student Success.
How to Access the PM Report:
- Click the checkbox to the left of the student’s name
- Select PM Report on the blue action menu at the top
Q: Letter Sounds PM - Link to PM Form 21 but there are only 20 forms for this measure
Submit a support ticket? No.
According to FastBridge, Form 21 is actually Form 1. When a student has reached the maximum number of PM forms available for a measure, they normally start over on form #1. In some cases, such as Letter Sounds, the link label to access the form is labeled as Form 21 instead of Form 1. Form 1 is what is delivered in the PM interface.
Q: There's no link to administer this week's PM form (teacher login)
Submit a support ticket? Rarely. This is usually the result of the system working as designed.
A: There are a few things that can cause this, here's what to check:
- Has the PM plan end date or PM frequency been edited? If so, the system is designed not to release forms mid-week on existing plans but the next form should be available the following week. If the form link is not available the Monday after the PM plan was edited, please submit a support request. More information is available under: Editing the PM plan end date to re-activate an inactive PM plan (previous end date is past)
- Is the current week marked inactive on the district's PM calendar? If so, ALL progress monitoring plans will be missing the current week. Your FAST District Manager controls this and can confirm but be aware that if the current week is marked inactive, it can't be changed.
- Is the frequency of the PM plan correct? And if it's a bi-weekly or monthly frequency, is the current week one that should have an active form? If so, please submit a support request (after confirming that the frequency hasn't been edited).
Q: No link to the PM assessment (student login) AND student recently changed buildings in our district.
Submit a support ticket? Yes, even if you use the workaround, please submit a support ticket with details for us to notify engineers.
A: When a student with an existing PM plan transfers to a different school in the district, the PM plan and forms will become visible to staff at the new school building but the student may be unable to access their PM via the student login.
- Confirm that the PM plan is set up correctly, the student doesn't have a score for the current week, and that the Start Form link is visible for the current week on the PM list (teacher or specialist).
- If everything is set up correctly, the workaround is to monitor the student under the Proctor view with a staff login.
- The only option to allow student logins to work is to end the PM setup and recreate it at the new school location. If data had been collected in the previous building, you can use the current week as the start date on the new PM plan but select the next consecutive form number to start the new plan where the previous plan left off (that field is on the Monitoring Schedule setup page). This will allow you to view the previously collected data on the PM report of the new plan.
Q: I receive a message that says "We're sorry. An error occurred while processing your request." with an error code and "Please try again."
Submit a support ticket? If you receive this message while clicking on the PM tab, within the PM tab, or within a PM assessment no ticket is needed.
A: This is the result of how the server handles data behind the scenes. It's an intermittent issue that the FastBridge engineering team is aware of, and they are working on changes that should eventually take care of this. There is no timeline for resolution currently. There is no workaround unfortunately, the only real solution is to keep trying, refresh the page, or close down and log in again. If refreshing/logging out and back in/etc. does not work, please submit a support ticket.
931181 & 931135
Q: I click on the Progress Monitoring tab and get a message that says: "There was an error fetching monitoring plans."
Submit a support ticket? Only after working with your local tech team to eliminate possible causes listed below.
This is generally a 'local' issue with the user's browser, system, network, or district security/filters. Users see the page blank or no plans message in gray with a little pink/red box in the lower right corner indicating there was an error fetching plans.
Please work with your local tech team to troubleshoot. We recommend paying particular attention to anything that may be consuming system resources or slowing processing and interfering with functions.
- Browser is most current version, browser settings and interference from add-ons or extensions (common cause)
- Firewalls, filters, blockers and other network or security and fastbridge.org has been whitelisted (common cause)
- Network strength and stability, particularly in the location of the building where work is done on the computer where the issue is seen
- Programs or processes running in the background slowing processing down
If your tech team has confirmed that there is nothing that could be interfering, please submit a support request with the following information:
- Building name
- Student name
- PM measure
- User who experienced it (if not yourself)
- What user role/view user was in at the time (listed in the upper right hand corner above the building name)
- What is clicked directly before seeing the error message
- Your computer and browser specs. Year, brand, model, OS for your machine. And for your browser the version you have and any extensions in the browser.
- Confirm whether there any pattern that you can identify about when it happens
Q: The student transferred to our building from another in the same district but the PM report still shows the previous school name.
Submit a support ticket? No.
A: Visibility of PM plans will transfer between school buildings (in the same district ONLY) but the data and plan are still connected to the previous school. This will cause the PM report to display the previous school name and the scores will not be visible under the Monitoring Scores pop-out in the new school.
The workaround is to release the student from the plan and create a new one. If you choose to recreate the PM plan, we suggest setting the start date as the current week and selecting the next consecutive start form number to pick up where the previous PM plan left off. It's a drop down field titled Starting Form on the Monitoring Schedule setup page. This will allow the new plan to continue where the previous ended and the previous data to smoothly integrate on the PM Report.
Q: PM list filters/sorts not working properly.
Submit a support ticket? Yes
Sorting by Monitoring Date doesn't bring the overdue plans to the top of the list
Workaround navigate to the last page(s) of PM, they will be listed last while this sort function isn't working.
Students are missing from the list when the filters are applied but are on the list before it's filtered.
You may see this if you've edited a student's PM plan - some edits do not save properly (see above) so the filters will not apply correctly to the plan after editing. We suspect there may be another issue with the filters but have been unable to pinpoint the cause.
Q: There is a horizontal scroll bar that cuts off the last few lines of the PM list and no vertical scroll bar to see the bottom lines. How do we get rid of that bar?
A: We see this sometimes when either the zoom is set too high or the user is working on a laptop and the browser window is maximized. First, check your browser zoom settings. Make sure it's at 100%. If it is, try to reduce the size of your window using the 'Restore Down' button in the upper right hand corner (this works for Chrome and Firefox).
Issues with Progress Monitoring Materials, Instructions and Assessments
Sight Words 150 - form 19
Student materials contain an extra row of words that are not reflected on the assessment in FastBridge. The first row on the form is the extra and can be skipped.
CBMReading G8 - Form 1 (Administrator Copy)
Typo on line 60, it's missing a period after the word "volcano" and can be disruptive to student reading. You may use a black pen to temporarily add a period until FastBridge gets the materials updated.
CBMReading G5 - Form 16
Typo on first line, ice cream is hyphenated and should not be.
Filtering by Monitoring User on the PM list doesn't refine students displayed
Resolved March 16, 2023
Editing the PM plan end date to re-activate an inactive PM plan (previous end date is past)
Resolved March 2023 through clarification on functionality
First, it's important to note that it's recommended that all PM plan end dates be set for the end of the school year (see: Iowa: Is the Intervention Working? Setting Quality Goals and Using PM Data for Decision-Making ). Premature end dating of PM plans doesn't provide the best quality.
If a plan is set to end too soon and becomes inactive, it can be re-activated by editing the end date of the plan to extend it. That will make the plan 'active' again but the system does not release forms mid-week on existing plans so the system will not display the next Form immediately when it's reactivated. However, users will be able to monitor the student the following week.
An alternative choice is to release the student from the PM plan and recreate it. If data has been collected in the previous PM plan, you can use the current week as the start date on the new PM plan but select the next consecutive form number to start the new plan where the previous plan left off (that field is on the Monitoring Schedule setup page). This will allow you to view the previously collected data on the PM report of the new plan.
Editing student goal in PM setup doesn't save or doesn't change the goal
Believed to be resolved, February 2023
We've identified that editing the goal value (number) in an existing PM plan is not updating the plan.
The workaround is to release the student from the PM plan and recreate it. If data has been collected in the existing PM plan, you can use the current week as the start date on the new PM plan but select the next consecutive form number to start the new plan where the previous plan left off (that field is on the Monitoring Schedule setup page). This will allow you to view the previously collected data on the PM report of the new plan.
~786919 & 858026
Q: The PM monitoring date says 'overdue' but I've monitored the student this week!
The overdue label is caused by a missed week of PM. Recently, FastBridge has released new functionality related to the Overdue label. Moving forward, if a student misses a week of PM, the Overdue label will be removed after two additional weeks of PM, the two consecutive weeks following the missed week, have been completed.
Here is an example: Johnny missed PM last week so now I see the Overdue label. This week collect PM data but the Overdue label will remain. Next week I will PM and the Overdue label will disappear.