Mass cleanup of FastBridge User Roles Planned
A mass cleanup of defunct FastBridge user roles for FastBridge is planned for sometime in the first few weeks of April (around 4/10) in both FastBridge and Iowa EdPortal. This will remove all FastBridge permissions that are not entered into the district's student information system (SIS) at the time of the cleanup.
Action steps prior to April 10th:
- Users: Confirm that the email address in your EdPortal account and in your district's student information system match. This is particularly important if you have had a name change. If the emails do not match, you will lose access in the cleanup. See also: How do I update my email in EdPortal?
- Leaders/student information system managers: Before April 10th review staff user roles assigned in your SIS and remove any roles that are no longer appropriate.
- Remember, users need only one user role per building and District Managers only need one assignment at one valid building to access the whole district. See also: Assigning user roles.
- This is a rare opportunity for a complete cleanup of FastBridge user roles in both EdPortal and FastBridge, so we strongly recommend taking advantage of it.
- Note: This cleanup is for FAST roles but it would be beneficial to review/remove defunct MTSS (Panorama Student Success) user roles in prep for that cleanup in the future, as well.
Users with valid roles in the district SIS and matching email addresses between EdPortal and the district SIS will experience no disruption in access. They will simply receive an email indicating access to FastBridge has been granted (again).
In addition to the updates above, please visit the Early Warning System/MTSS email archive.
For updates on known issues in FAST, check out these resources:
- Known Issues with Progress Monitoring
- Known issues with Assessment Certification
- Known issues with Assessment Instruction, Scoring and Materials