In the event that students do not have a Screening Score, and the Start Score is at 0, teachers have the ability to use the first administered probe’s score as the Start Score. This ability is only available if the student has a progress monitoring plan and there is no screening score. Including a Start Score creates a more accurate goal line. This article guides users through setting a Start Score.
Where to Start
- Select the Progress Monitoring Tab.
- Use the filters to filter student progress monitoring plans.
- Select Start for the student who needs a Start Score.
- Select Set Start Score next to the first probe score.
Setting the Start Score will adjust the Goal Line in the Progress Monitoring Report.
The Select Start Score icon will only appear next to the first probe score.
Setting a Start Score
- Select Set to set the score within the confirmation popup
The above graph illustrates the difference between a student's graph with a Start Score of '0' and with the first administered probe’s score as the Start Score. The graph with the added probe score create a more accurate goal line.
Now that the Start Score has been set, take a look at the Overview of the Progress Monitoring Report article.