In order for users to access FastBridge from DnA, users must have a DnA account and a FastBridge role assigned to that account. Mass Role Assignment is a tool used to assign multiple users to a FastBridge role en masse. This saves time and is ideal for districts using both DnA and FastBridge. This resource guides users through using the Mass Role Assignment tool. Please make sure to mass assign FastBridge roles one site at a time.
To learn about available roles within FastBridge, access the PDF attached to the end of this article.
Required Permission: Manage System Permissions
Search for Users
- Use the filters at the top of the list of users to narrow down the search of users. It is recommended that the Currently Active and Has Current Site/Role filters are used and not left blank.
- Select Filter Table to display results based on the selected filters.
- Select the checkbox for one or more users to assign site and role affiliations to. The checkbox at the top of the table selects all users on the page.
- User Select All to select all users that apply to the search results. The total number of users this impacts displays at the bottom. In this example, Select All applies to 17 users.
School Manager is not a recommended role as it can only be applied to a single site. If a user is assigned a School Manager role, and then changes to a different school site, the user will receive an error with the SSO and support will need to be contacted to deprecate the previous account.
Make sure to use this tool one School Site at a time. Do not use the Mass Role Assignment for all teachers at once.
Assign a Role
- If needed, select additional users by entering their name. Already selected users do not appear in this space.
- Select the applicable FastBridge Role needed for the selected users. Only one role may be added at a time, and each staff member should have only one role in the FastBridge system.
- Select a Site the users are assigned to with the chosen role. More than one site may be selected for Specialist users.
- Select the Academic Year in which the role should be assigned to, likely the current or upcoming year.
- Select the Terms the role needs to be assigned to. Choose Select All if the role applies to the entire school year to automatically add all available terms at once.
- Select Add Roles to apply the role to the selected user(s).
- A pop-up appears for confirmation. Select OK to add the roles or Cancel to review the selections again.
- After selecting OK, the number of role updates made appears in a green banner at the top of the page.
- Repeat the process as needed for other roles.