This lesson outlines the rollover process for organizations using both DnA and FastBridge products. This process impacts the following roles: System Admins (DnA), District Managers or MAA (FastBridge), and the SIS Administrator.
FastBridge Rollover Date Selection
Master Account Administrators (MMAs) or District Managers must log in to FastBridge and select a Rollover date by May 27, 2022. Available options are:
- July 7-9, 2023: Early alternate rollover date
- July 28-30, 2023: Default rollover date unless otherwise selected
- August 18-20, 2023: Late alternate rollover date
For more information, visit Rollover Selection and Overview.
If your district plans to use FastBridge for Summer School, please do not rollover in FastBridge until summer school is over.
The Illuminate Data Services team recommends disabling the Core Data Imports while transitioning from one year to the next to maintain data fidelity. To disable the imports:
- Go the Admin Gear and select Core Data Automation Profiles.
- Select Edit under the Action heading of the desired Automation Profile.
- Deselect the Enable checkbox and select Save.
For more details on the entire DnA Rollover process, visit Rollover to the Next Academic Year for DNA.
Create terms for the next academic year. Users will will need to manually setup terms in the Term Manager.
- Go to the Admin Gear and select Term Manager.
- Select the upcoming Academic Year.
- Select the Session Type .
- Select Load.
- Use the day adjustment tool and select Go! For example, if in 2021-2022, the first day of school was September 1, and in 2022-2023 it will be September 2, enter a 1 day adjustment.
Use Year-to-Year Rollover to give non-teacher users affiliations to their sites. There is no need to roll over teacher accounts as this is done automatically through the core data imports.
- Go to the Admin Gear and select Year-to-Year Rollover.
- In the Select Rollover from dropdown, select the previous/current academic year.
- In the Select Rollover to dropdown, select the upcoming academic year.
- Verify the term counts between the two academic years. These numbers may not match exactly based on sites opening and closing or a change in term type (from semesters to yearlong, etc)
- Use the checkboxes to select all the non-teacher roles that need to roll over.
- Select the blue Rollover button to confirm.
Student Information System Rollover
Follow the steps as outlined by your Student Information System provider to ensure you are rolled over. Once rollover has been completed in your SIS, data can prepared to come into DnA:
- Connect with your SIS Admin and ensure your SIS is sending new data to our SFTP.
- Any scripting that is happening needs to reflect the current school year. Visit Step 4 Rollover to the Next Academic Year for DNA of for guidance.
- Using our API to pull rosters into DnA? Send an email to email@example.com to let us know that you have successfully rolled over in your SIS.
- Re-enable the Core Data Automation Profiles to start bringing data into DnA.
- Verify your data is accurate by reviewing the Core Data Import Logs, Search 2.0, User Management, and Site Management.
Try Processing a One-Time Import prior to running the automation. This will show you any errors or other issues and provide you an opportunity to resolve issues before the data is live in DnA.
FastBridge will transition student records for the previous year into an accessible archive and prepare the account for new student records on the selected date. Once rollover have occurred, previous school year data will only be available via specific reports. Visit Accessing Data from Previous Years for more information. For all other reports, print or save the data prior to the chosen rollover date.
If your MAA will be different next school year, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the name and email of the new MAA. FastBridge with update your site and provide the new MAA with login credentials.
DO NOT enable the SIS Sync in FastBridge until AFTER you have uploaded and validated data in DnA.