This article provides guidance on configuring and linking Progress Monitoring (PM) and Interventions between the FastBridge and eduCLIMBER systems. When users create Progress Monitoring and Interventions in FastBridge, they will have the option to send the configuration eduClimber. Following this process of this article allows users to avoid entering the data into both systems. Alternatively, users can still follow the individual processes for both FastBridge and eduCLIMBER.
Before You Begin
It's important to know that Progress Monitoring and Intervention data moves from FastBridge to eduCLIMBER only. Progress Monitoring and Interventions created in eduCLIMBER do not link to FastBridge. In addition, if Progress Monitoring and Interventions have been linked from FastBridge to eduCLIMBER, and then a change is made to the linked intervention on the eduCLIMBER side, the alteration does not carry back to FastBridge. For more information, take a look at FastBridge to eduCLIMBER: Progress Monitoring & Interventions FAQ. For a video walkthrough of the process, please visit, FastBridge & eduCLIMBER: Progress Monitoring & Interventions Video.
- Open the Screening tab.
- Expand All Assessments.
- Select the progress monitoring assessment. This is an example in which CBMreading English is the progress monitoring assessment.
- If the assessment is available in more than one language, e indicates English and s indicates Spanish.
- Choose the Class.
- Select the timer/stopwatch to begin administering the assessment for the specified student.
If a Progress Monitoring Plan needs to be started before a Start Score is collected, it can be added later manually. Take a look at Before Setting Up a Progress Monitoring Plan to learn more.
- Select Add.
- Enter student name(s) into the text field to search for students. Alternatively, scroll to find the students.
- Selected students appear in the section below. Use the X to delete student(s).
- Select Confirm to continue.
- Select the Monitoring Assessment.
- By default, the Interventionist will be set as the Monitoring User. Update the user by using the dropdown to either scroll or enter the user's name into the text box.
- Set the Form Number.
- Choose how the Goal Line will display on the Progress Monitoring graph.
- Set the Start and End dates for the Progress Monitoring plan.
- Select the Frequency.
- This is the level of the probes used for progress monitoring.
- The most recent screening score appears here. Hover over the score to see the benchmark category.
- The start score will be the first point for the goal line on the Progress Monitoring Report. If the Start Score is 0, refer back to Collect a Baseline Score.
- The Weekly Gain displays how much growth is required each week to meet the Goal. Select the text box to update the Weekly Gain.
- The Goal is the target score, which is modified based on when the monitoring user has set the progress monitoring to end. Select the Goal text box to update the goal.
When setting goals for learners, align the rate of improvement to the intensity of the intervention. Change either the Weekly Gain or the Goal to reflect the intervention's intensity.
- Use the slider to enable setup in eduCLIMBER.
- Enter an Intervention Display Name into the textbox. This will display across both the FastBridge and eduCLIMBER systems.
When considering a name for the intervention, consider establishing a naming convention or formula. For instance, begin the Intervention Display Name with the instruction provided to the student(s) and then end with a differentiator helpful for the interventionist i.e. “Repeated Reading | 2:00 Group.” The Intervention Display Name will display in FastBridge and throughout the eduCLIMBER system, therefore, it's recommended to make a note of the name before moving to eduCLIMBER.
- Select the + icon on the dashboard.
- Select Create Intervention.
- Select, "Yes, I plan to use FastBridge for Progress Monitoring".
- Use the dropdown to select the intervention. The intervention name will match what was entered in FastBridge.
- Select Continue.
- Any students added in FastBridge will be automatically linked to the intervention. Select Add to add additional students to the intervention.
- The users selected in FastBridge will be selected by default as the interventionist. If necessary, update the user by selecting the drop-down.
- Select the intervention Level by using the dropdown..
- The skills area will be automatically selected based on the section made in FastBridge. If necessary, update the Skill Area by using the dropdown.
- Select the Strategy by using the dropdown.
- The name entered in FastBridge will display by default. If necessary, update the Name by entering it into the text box.
- Select Add once finished.
- The Start and End Date entered in FastBridge will display by default. If necessary, update by selecting each text box and choosing a new date.
- Select the Schedule Type:
- Weekly - Monitoring will occur weekly on the Days of the Week selected
- Block - Intervention will occur during the number of Day Ons
- As Needed - Monitoring will occur when needed, up to the Total Number of Sessions entered
- Set the Day(s) of the Week/Days On and Off/Total Number of Sessions the intervention will take place.
- Select the start and end times of the intervention.
- Select Add once complete.
- Some Measure 1 information will be prefilled based on your selections in FastBridge. Select Add to enter additional details.
- Select the Monitoring User from the drop-down. The interventionist does not link from FastBridge, due to a contrast in user id formats between systems.
- The Monitoring Type selected in FastBridge will display by default.
- Use the checkbox to determine if this will be the Primary measure. This is the measure that will be used in ROI reporting.
- The Start and End Date entered in FastBridge will display by default. If necessary, update these dates. These are the dates the measure will be monitored.
- Select the Start and End Time for when the measure will be monitored.
Start and End Dates should match the anticipated start and end dates progress monitoring occurs, as this affects ROI reports. These dates and times will also be added to the monitoring user's eduCLIMBER calendar.
- Set the number of weeks that will occur between each monitoring session.
- Set the day(s) of the week the measure will be monitored. This is not automatically linked from FastBridge.
- Goal and Grade level will auto-populate with the sync of the data file from FastBridge. Do not manually enter a goal or grade level.
- Select Add when done.
- Review the intervention schedule. The system defaults to one email per week per intervention group. If all looks good, select Add.
The interventionist and Monitoring User will be emailed a summary of progress based on the schedule configured. Base the frequency of the review schedule on the frequency at which the users would like to know of progress as well as how often measurable progress is anticipated. A bi-weekly or monthly update is recommended.
The frequency in which interventionists receive these email updates cannot be modified at a later date.
When a meeting is selected, all students within the intervention will automatically be added to the identified meeting.
- When finished with the intervention, select Save; once the intervention has been created, a "Success" screen will appear.