This article explains how details about academic interventions for individual students and groups can be added to the progress monitoring record using the New Progress Monitoring form.
Before You Start
In order to create a Progress Monitoring Schedule, log in to FastBridge as a teacher or specialist.
Where to Start
- In order to create a Progress Monitoring Schedule, log in to FastBridge as a teacher or specialist.
- Go to the Progress Monitoring tab.
- Select New to create a new intervention.
- Determine if the intervention is for Reading, Math, or Behavior.
Progress Monitoring Form
- Select Add to add students. Go down to the next section for more details.
- Use the Progress Monitoring Setup section to determine details for the Progress Monitoring plan. Start by selecting the Monitoring Assessment. Next, select the Monitoring User from the dropdown menu. Select a Starting Form Number. Users might select a different form number if they're adding a new student to the group later in the year, and they want them to be on the same form number as the rest of the students in the group.
- Use the Timing section to select the Progress Monitoring Start Date and End Date as well as the Frequency in which the data is collected within the timeframe.
- The Goal information is populated automatically, but can be updated. The Start Score generally defaults to match the Screening Score. If there is no Screening Score, the default Start Score will be zero. The Weekly Gain is how much growth is required each week in order to meet the goal. The Goal may be considered synonymous with the target score necessary to end progress monitoring.
- Intervention information can be optionally be added. Providing Intervention Details will result in the details appearing on the Progress Monitoring Report. If an intervention is being used, select a strategy, or the name of the intervention, that will be used. Select a Display Name for the strategy or intervention. This name will appear on the Progress Monitoring Report, both on the graph in the form of a phase line. Determine the Start Date and End Date. Choose Frequency and Duration for the intervention being implemented.
- Select Save to save the form.
A Success message appears after selecting Save. Select OKAY to return to the Progress Monitoring page.
- Selecting Add (step 5) opens a window for choosing students. Type in the search field for specific students, or utilize the dropdown menu to select learners from an alphabetical list.
- The Selected Students section displays any chosen students. Select the X within the token to remove the student.
- Select Confirm to save the student selections and return to the Progress Monitoring form.
Edit a Progress Monitoring Form
From the Progress Monitoring page:
- Select the checkbox to the left of the desired student's name.
- Select Edit Setup.
The form re-opens as shown above to make edits. Select Save after any changes are made.